Friday, November 17, 2017

Living room Camping..

Livingroom Camping at its finest *grin*

When we purchased this little gas station we also rented three storage units to put almost everything from our old house in it.  ...because we had absolutely NO room for anything.  The "back part" of the house was nothing but a big hole with walls and we could only fit so much in the living room.  So we had to do without a lot of luxuries that most everyone lives with...like a stove, a kitchen sink (or any type of sink actually), toilet, bathtub...even a BED!!! haha 

So - where did we sleep?  Every night we would slide the love seat over to face the couch and push them together. lol  We made a bed out of our couches.  I would usually sleep on the loveseat with my legs angled onto the couch, Annabelle would sleep in the "crack" that the love seat and couch made - and hubby slept on the couch.  Believe it or not, after a long day of working that "couch bed"was soooo comfortable.

Hubby and Annabelle snoozing away on the couch bed *grin*

When it came to cooking, I used a microwave and a small convection oven.  Luckily we did purchase our refrigerator a week after we moved in.  So I could actually get some food to cook instead of eating out daily.  But we had a lot of frozen dinners (that would fit in my little oven), sandwiches, hotdogs..quick and easy things.  I had some serving spoons and small bowls/plates that I would wash with the water hose outside, but other than that it was paper plates and plastic utensils!  

We may not of had a bed or toilet - but we had cable HAHA!


Annabelle playing babies with Roxie in the living room 

Annabelle and Lucy..  We did get a rug - I couldn't stand Annabelle running around on that cement floor!

We now have a bedroom - with paint on the walls and everything!  lol  ...and tonite I put up our Christmas tree in our carpeted living room.  ...annnd I am writing this blog from the comfort of our bed - which we still share with Annabelle haha.  We may not be sleeping on the couch anymore - but some how baby girl always ends up between me and daddy at night...and thats ok with me  *grin*

3 comments:

  1. I loved your solution to the bed problem.
    What stories you must have to tell about your living room camping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so well. Years down the track you'll look back and know that these were the good old times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will look back on these days with fond memories. No toilet, no bed.... but we have a cadillac, cable, and cell phones. LOL

    ReplyDelete