Friday, November 24, 2017

The Kitchen Reno so far

Kitchen Before

Bedroom number one which will become part of the kitchen

Stepson removing wall between original kitchen and bedroom

hubby putting down flooring

Our cabinet/counter/and flooring we picked out

This is the new kitchen after removing wall

We discovered some beautiful wood ceiling under the drop ceiling- but we didn't have the time to put into saving it...so we drywalled over it...i wanted to save that ceiling so bad!!

This is looking into the original kitchen from bedroom - We removed the door leading outside so we could put in lots of cabinets - we need as much storage as possible lol

Another view of the original kitchen once we started tearing down old drywall with about 23 layers of wall paper on it. lol

Now this is where the big windows where in the bedroom - but we decided to put in french doors here leading to the back yard

Hubby cutting open that wall! *it was freezing outside while this part of the process was happening lol

Another view of our soon to be french doors

TADA!  our doors - and insulation. ...our house hardly had any isolation at all in the beginning - we wore lots of layers!

Starting to put up that drywall - look at that cute little window that will be over my sink!

Insulation!!!!  And that door leads to the bathroom

This wall separates the kitchen from the living room...

And now that wall is no longer there.  lol We wanted our house as open concept as possible since it is small.  So down came the wall!

It made a huuuuge difference!  and made our house feel 20 times bigger!



OUR CABINETS!!!!  yay!  I love these off white cabinets...love love love!

Another view of our cabinets in the beginning 


...and another view..

Here is a picture of our ceiling - we put up drywall and then did the stamp pattern in the drywall mud.  I don't know the technical term for it...but thats what our ceiling looks like lol

Here we are today!  (ignore my messy counters lol  I was just trying to get a picture of where we are at in the renovation)

We have the back splash, paint, counters, all appliances..and a cute little 2 year old climbing on the kitchen table. lol We haven't gotten around to tiling our floors yet - hubby needs to go under the house and put in some more supports (girders?)  But that will be our next project once he returns home for Puerto Rico...Oh yea - my hubs is in Puerto Rico for the next couple months lol  So we had a simple thanksgiving at Cracker Barrel with my sister in law - then we did a little black friday shopping at walmart.  I got a new vacuum! I have been needing/wanting one...and I found one for $44.  So I was super excited about vacuuming this morning haha

Here is the view of the kitchen from the space leading from the living room.  Showing my pretty french doors..

This is looking into our bedroom, and then the door to the left is the bathroom.  We still have some clutter because as of now we have NO closets in this house.  lol  Storage is a big thing we are having to incorporate into our reno...which is why we have a lot of kitchen cabinets...and we could probably have enough room to install a kitchen island with storage - but thats something we can think about later on.  And also pictured in my favorite cow painting...i bought that for myself two birthdays ago, my husband was deployed so I got to go shopping for myself and I found this beauty at a local antique store.  My mama always says when I get tired of it that she will happily take it off my hands for a while haha  

So that is where our kitchen is at as of now...we have cabinets, counter tops, all of our appliances ...we just need flooring.  I can't wait to get the floors in - I am about tired of walking on this sub flooring lol  I wear slippers constantly because i can't stand how the wood feels on my feet haha  

**I will take a picture of my kitchen when it is actually clean one day lol  I just wanted you guys to see what we are living with today!  I love love my kitchen!  


5 comments:

  1. That is incredible!! I can't even believe this is the same kitchen! I love the cabinets and tile work. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your kitchen too. Now that I have visited you in person, these pic's take on a whole new meaning for me. In some of the pics, I can't even comprehend what was going on because it's changed so much. Yes, I'll take the cow pic any time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...you are working so fast. Goodness me. It is looking really good so far too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH wow! I'm shocked at the transformation! Visiting from your mama's blog. Be blessed!
    Grasp today for all you can!
    God bless us every one!
    Laura Lane
    Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was really an interesting topic and I kinda agree with what you have mentioned here! Kitchen Renovation

    ReplyDelete