Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Where it all began...

So some people may be wondering why in the world we decided to buy this little blue gas station in the first place. Well let me set the stage for you guys...

My husband was deployed and we had our house up for sale.  Once he came home, the house sold very quickly!  Since he was deployed we did a lot of online house shopping - but obviously we didn't go look at houses.  So once our house sold we were going to be homeless at the closing date if we didn't find a house soon.

Well low and behold if my husband didn't have to go back out of country just a couple weeks after from returning from his deployment!  ...our closing date was approaching - and we didn't have anywhere to live.  Then one day I got an email from him showing me this little blue gas station that he found on craigslist.  lol

It needed a lot of work - I'm talking a LOT of work!  So while he was out of country he sent me to go look at it.  So I drove up and took pictures - and I was NOT impressed.  lol  I couldn't even imagine the finished project, there were holes in the wall...rotten floors...broken windows.  It was rough.  ...long story short - my husband could see the potential, and we bought it.  haha

So once he came home we had an amazing project to start, it was going to be rough...but hey - we didn't have a house payment!  We were able to negotiate and get this store at a great price and were able to pay cash.  One thing that was one our "bucket list" was to not have a house payment...so we were able to mark that off!!

Here is where it all started...

Livingroom

Kitchen

Bedroom 1

Bedroom 2

Bathroom

Our cute little blue store

My baby girl under the car port

6 comments:

  1. Seeing these pictures again has amazed me again! You've come a long way, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love repurposing of old buildings into homes. I've had a couple of friends who have done it with small old church buildings. I came from your Mom's blog and have signed up to follow you via email (I am not goggle+)
    Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over from your mom's blog to say hi. You are doing recycling at a high level and gaining a cute home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible project you've signed on for. How wonderful that your hubby could see the potential. I'll enjoy watching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I know it will be a lot of work, but it will be beautiful when you are done and no house payment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see how this turns out! This is so neat!

    ReplyDelete