Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Our bedroom


Our bedroom when we first purchased the house - it had drop ceilings, a door leading to the bathroom and a door that lead outside (not pictured)  Paneling and about 25 layers of wallpaper, rotten floors and a sketchy ceiling fan that would shock you if you weren't careful haha

My middle child (step son) working on the demo.  Him and his brother removed the drop ceiling and the insulation.  ...I was on cleanup duty, sweeping up old insulation..picking up nails. You know - the fun stuff haha

This is where we stored a lot of our stuff too while we were working.  But here you can see the new sub flooring...and middle child on that ladder - just a working. lol

Here you can see the door that lead outside.  That was one of the last things to come out - along with the old windows.  Now we have new windows - no door leading outside...and we closed up the door leading to the bathroom.

Here is our bedroom now.  We share it with our two year old, but the room is big enough for her to have her own "room" in our room haha

This is the wall that had the door leading to the bathroom - the door used to be where the christmas tree is now.  I have been snagging silver platters at goodwill for my wall decorations over my head board.  The pictures on the wall are of my sweet baby girl.  


Another view of our room - I plan on using orange/silver/light blue in this room.  ...so I will eventually get a new bedspread and all that jazz.  The pink body pillow is my little girl's - we use that to keep her from falling off the bed because even though she has her own bed - she usually ends up in ours haha

My baby girls "room"  ...she actually slept in her bed the entire night last night - maybe she will start sleeping through the night more often?  But if not - I'm ok with her crawling in the bed with us *grin*  The quilt on her bed was made by her Grandma (my mama!  most of you found me through her blog, and I'm pretty sure she posted a blog about this quilt.)

So that is our room - no more couch sleeping!  ..unless we take a nap or something lol  We are going to add on another room eventually - hopefully when hubby gets back from Puerto Rico.  So our house will end up being a two bedroom/one bath house.  Which is all we need - I have to say I love this little house so much...maybe its because of all the sweat and tears we have put in it...but its so cozy and sweet.  ...and a part of history because it was a gas station back in 1906 lol  

3 comments:

  1. Your before and after show a dramatic difference! All of your efforts to make this happen would definitely give you a strong attachment to your little home. A home doesn't have to be large to meet your needs and be filled with love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your bedroom a lot and I do love the silver platters over the bed. I keep thinking of searching for the large ones and making a collage wall over my couch. I never know what to put over the couch. You guys have done a lot of work and are making yourselves a cute little home. I would have never imagined it when you first started. :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Redoing a home, even bits and pieces is hard, timely and costly....Great job.

    ReplyDelete